Separate names with a comma.
Those graphics look amazing. I wonder what the system requirements are going to be like. Titans SLI?
Damn Battlefield has officially caught up with CoD in terms of the cinematic experience. So what does CoD have left going for it now?
Fish move out of your way
Can someone compile the new BF4 HD screenshots and post 'em here?
The name...that is all
Updated the news post with the latest multiplayer footage shown during EA's E3 press conference. I'm excited about Battlefield again Looks like a lot of what I had been missing is returning to the game.
I'll be chilling in bed on a tablet playing commander all night every night. No more sleeping
I do not know if I will play BF4 since we have such a great alternative now!
PvZ actually looks pretty fun ^^ Might convince my GF to play that with me
BTW: Starting tomorrow DICE will be streaming 64player Battlefield 3 multiplayer footage directly from E3 right here: http://www.twitch.tv/battlefield?utm_campaign=live_embed_click&utm_source=www.battlefield.com
Edit: 144h of double XP coming up during e3 + Close quartes DLC for free and a new "Tomb Stone Squad Enlisted" Dog Tag - hurraaaay
OK some observations from the (almost) 6 mins of MP game play:
1. 5 Player squads - nice.
2. It seems specializations are gained through teamwork? Notice the green bar above the squads filling as the player progresses from flag to flag. Starting with squad sprint.
3. The tablet integration worries me a little (I'm gonna assume that this is also available via the in-game browser) need to see how that works.
4. The level of destruction seems impressive - lets wait and see how much destruction there actually is (I read somewhere it would be between BC2 and BF3)
5. Counter knife attack! Finally we get a chance when you know you've been knifed but can't stop it....seems in BF4 you can by a timely intervention you can turn your knife back into your assailants stomach and take his tags instead! Nice.
6. This game mode looks like a CQ Assault - wonder if normal CQ is available? I'm guessing there is.
7. I didn't catch the live stream - but the video doesn't show the weapons/soldier customization screens - I wonder if the leaked screenshots are truthful?
8. Wonder what it'd be like stuck in the elevator when that tower block comes crashing down?
9. Alpha or not - seems they've done a good job; but what about addressing the back end issues??
10. What's that scope thingy doing in the bottom middle of the screen? Is it unlock progress info? Does anyone know?
11. The game play was very obviously scripted - I actually wonder what this would be like up against an opposition who will stop at nothing to prevent you capping flags? The tank brought through the floor made me chuckle (they just sat there....which is probably something I'd do no doubt), also the chopper...I'd have peppered that room with bullets, lol.
All in all, looks like a bit of an upgrade from BF3. There's nothing I didn't like, just the tablet integration which concerns me a little (will it detract from the core elements of the game?).
Did it make me want to pre-order?
Yes and No - yes, because it looks great. No, because I still need to understand what they're doing with Premium before making the leap. C'mon EA sort us out ffs.
It looks like BF4 will be impossible to run with "balanced" teams.. I predict major shortcomings on that front due to all the OP weapons that can be used from a tablet as well.. And imagine Crystaldragon taking the chopper
I wonder if you are able to take out the remote launch areas (we saw the surface to air missile launch from a ship, I assume other maps will have land based launch devices?). I'm hoping that the opposing team can somehow take these out, for a time at least, maybe allow the opposing team to repair and bring them back on line (or re-spawn)?
Else you're right, finn, it'll be very imbalanced!!
As I said - I'm not convinced about the tablet stuff.....time will tell I guess, won't be long before the closed Betas start?
The fact that they showed multiplayer in real-time in a scripted way (attacker only kills - defenders just let themselves be killed) kind of hints at major balance issues. And if not, I hope they don't code the game around their internal 32v32 scrims where they most likely play like noobs (just look at the average DEV skill; very low) and just want to maximise the graphics effects and not focusing on gameplay.
I'm waiting for live streaming to start - maybe that'll help dispel any fears of unbalancing (not holding my breath though!)
I just felt like the way they showcased the multiplayer footage made the map seem very linear - it looked amazing but whenever I see something amazing from EA/DICE it means there must be a major downside to it as well
lol finn - as you can probably tell from my first post on this thread....my expectations are somewhat grounded